31% of recipients were prompted to refer the professional who sent them the magazine in the last 12 months.
Why conduct a readership survey?
In January 2023, we engaged GfK MRI to conduct an online study of your clients—the people who receive both the print and digital versions of American Lifestyle, Start Healthy, and Good to Be Home magazines. The goal of this research was to gain insights about the reach of these products and about the people who read them, including their demographics, content preferences, and more. Previous GfK Surveys were conducted in 2016 and 2019.
Recipients were encouraged to participate in the survey through ads run in the New Year issue of our Branded Magazines and January, February, and March Digital Editions. To give them an incentive to respond, participants were offered the opportunity to enter a sweepstakes to win one of five prizes: an outdoor pizza oven, an Ember Mug2 , or one of three $100 Amazon gift cards.
A breakdown of the results
We’re excited to share the findings of this survey with you, our clients, and to be able to utilize this information to build on our current suite of product offerings. Here are some highlights:
- On average, magazines are kept inside the home for four and a half weeks. 20% of recipients keep the magazine for 10 weeks or more.
- Every issue is read by 9 people, and 29% of recipients share the magazine with one to two people outside their household.
- 21% of recipients have shared the magazine or Tear Out Card to specifically pass along the sender’s contact information.
- 31% of recipients were prompted to refer the professional who sent them the magazine because of receiving it, while 69% of people have referred the professional one or more times in the last 12 months.
- 83% of recipients say they are more likely to do business with the professional who sent them the magazine.
- 55% of recipients open their Digital Edition the same day they receive it.
- 87% of people said that receiving the Digital Edition made them feel valued by the professional who sent it.
The big picture
These results prove that recipients see the magazine as a gift, and they appreciate not only the content but also the professional who sends them the magazine. Beyond the numbers, responses from this survey will continue to shape the content of these publications and help ensure our products do what they are designed to do—help you foster new connections, build relationships within your sphere, and remain top of mind.
Want to see all the results? Watch the webinar here.