Ep. 466: Step Up Your Conversion Strategies (with Juan Carlos Barreneche)

The Secrets to Converting More Leads into Customers

Lead generation boils down to three fundamental steps and a commitment to thinking about the long-term.

In this episode of Stay Paid, we welcome back Juan Carlos Barreneche, who previously visited us four years ago when he was just a few years into the real estate business. Juan is the founder and president of the Goldbar Real Estate Team of eXp Realty. In his five years as a real estate agent, he sold $250M and brought 1,200 agents into his downline. He also created Goldbar, a training and client acquisition system that helps real estate agents achieve their business goals.

Juan has developed a formula for success as a multimillion-dollar agent and shares his strategies for converting leads into customers using his three-step process.

Step 1. Build relationships

When Juan asks agents what a lead is, they usually define it as someone who wants to buy or sell real estate within the next ninety days. Wrong! He says they’re missing the foundation for building a strong referral-based business. The correct answer is that only after you acquire their name, email address, and phone number, you can call them a lead and can begin the rapport-building process. Tell them who you are, what you do, and why you do it, followed up with, “Do you have a realtor?” and “Can I be your realtor?” Your goal is to ask them permission for them to call you in the future—an inbound lead call. He says, “There’s a big, blue ocean of customers, so by engaging with the entire marketplace rather than chasing that 1% of buyers and sellers who want to buy or sell now just like every other agent, that remaining 99% that you know will turn into that 1% later.”

Step 2. Nurture the lead

Consistently reaching out to your contacts, whether through email, text, voicemail, or invitations to events, is a great way to remind them that you’re still in business and to keep your brand top-of-mind. This can be an effective way to scale your business, as it can help you generate new leads and close more deals.

Step 3. Convert your lead to a customer

Juan’s conversion process is brilliant, and through it, he recommends that all agents implement the following strategies. First, obtain software that will send a “booking” link to your lead before your meeting and capture all their information, including their preapproval and credit report. Also, when you do meet, be prepared for the standard objections that most leads will raise—“What is your commission?” “Why should I hire you?” and “How long have you been in the business?” Finally, never bypass the prequalification stage before meeting with a potential client.

In the end, if you don’t implement the fundamentals, you can’t grow. If you’re seeking perfection rather than completing a task, you can’t win. So rather than looking at your business with a short-term mindset, change your philosophy to a long-term approach where you nurture your leads to build trust and rapport to level up your business.

We hope you enjoy this episode and act on the advice Luke offers at the end. We’d also appreciate it if you took a moment to leave us a 5-star review and comment on Apple Podcasts. (We read them on air!) Thanks for listening!

Connect | Resources


Are you interested in working with Luke and Josh to improve your marketing, get more referrals, enjoy more repeat business, and begin living the life of freedom you deserve? CLICK HERE and get a special offer just for Stay Paid listeners!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an advertising program designed to provide a means for ReminderMedia to earn a small fee by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Subscribe today to get the most actionable sales and marketing tips.