The Video Marketing Strategy That Will Change Your Real Estate Business Forever
Who should listen: This episode is for agents who are willing to invest a bit of time to try a new twist on a familiar lead-generation technique that will take your business to new heights.
Key idea: Value relationships over transactions and the transactions will come.
Action item: Commit to the detailed plan described in this episode and you WILL generate more leads.
This week, we’re talking with Jimmy Burgess about his team’s winning strategies for generating leads. In 3 years working as the chief growth officer for Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Beach Properties of Florida, he’s grown the company from 120 agents to more than 250 agents. During the same period, the average annual sales volume per agent grew from $5M to over $8.5M, leading to over $2B in sales volume in the last 12 months.
During this episode of Stay Paid, Jimmy tells us exactly how he did it.
His method is exceptionally easy. To reach a comparable level of achievement, all anyone would need to do is commit to the process. Commit and you’ll change not only your real estate business but also your life.
Imagine making $3,600 per hour in GCI!
Jimmy didn’t need to imagine it; he did it.
For 72 consecutive days, between October 1 and December 31, 2019, Jimmy shot one video every day. Those videos created $11.2 million in listings, which eventually led to $9.1 million in sales. For the 30 minutes he spent creating each video, he made $3,600 per hour in GCI.
Cut that amount in half, and you’d STILL make $1,800 an hour.
Would you be willing to do the same to make that kind of money? If your answer is yes, then read on.
- He culled through his database for the right leads. He specifically pulled the names of anyone—friends, family, people he met at open houses—who told him they might sell their house in the next 2 years.
- He created one video a day for each of the people he identified. He used BombBomb to create video emails (one of BombBomb’s features made it essential that he use it) and provide his recipients with an unsolicited comparative market analysis (CMA).
- He emailed each video. His subject line was simple: [Address]: Valuation update. When you listen to his interview, you’ll hear exactly what he says in his video email that caused people to keep his video.
- He used 3 tools to immediately capture and keep his viewers’ attention and interest. You must listen to what Jimmy showed his viewers in his videos, but we’ll give away the opening sequence here: as soon as someone opened his video email, they saw Google Earth zooming down from space until an image of their home came into view. Just try to resist watching something like that!
- He followed up according to a strict formula. This is where BombBomb’s special feature became super valuable to him. Even people who hadn’t opened his video email when they first received it did so after he followed up.
This all sounds pretty simple, and that’s because it is! But to have this strategy work for you as it did for Jimmy, you need to hear what he says to his recipients in the videos. A single key thought made all the difference between his business failing during the pandemic in 2020 and earning another $5.4 million in listings!
If there’s a better ROI out there for 30 minutes a day, we haven’t heard of it.
Please enjoy this episode, and we’d appreciate it if you would give us a 5-star rating and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. (Not sure how to leave a review? Click here.)
Connect | Resources
Jimmy’s podcast on Apple Podcasts is The Real Estate Sales Podcast
YouTube: Real Estate Sales Growth