Successful financial professionals share their best advice
If you’re looking for the best marketing strategies for financial advisors, including how to grow your business, acquire more AUM, and retain more clients, then check out these five episodes from Stay Paid.
Hosted by Luke Acree and Josh Stike and featuring top professionals from finance, real estate, insurance, marketing, and more, the Stay Paid pals are committed to bringing listeners the best advice from the brightest minds, and always making sure you have a practical action item you can implement that same day!
Few people, including 48% of business owners1, like to think about endings—so they don’t. And that means they don’t plan for them, which makes it difficult to make rational and informed decisions when the time comes.
Jeff Evanello and Kris Kjolberg are experts in helping advisors acquire and sell their practices and helping advisory firms build their teams. And when it comes time to sell your practice, close it down, or leave it to someone, these gentlemen are determined that you don’t leave money on the table.
Learn what you need to know about:
- Making decisions that can raise or lower the value of your practice.
- Setting up the new owner for success.
- What so many advisors overlook but that can play a huge role in a successful transition.
You likely know Tom as the former First Vice President at New York Life, an expert retirement income planner, coach, national speaker, and author of five books including Paychecks and Playchecks: Retirement Solutions for Life. Tom explains that becoming an expert in a niche is the way to create value for your clients who will pay you handsomely for what you know. And, amid the pandemic, the advice he offers about deepening your subject-specific knowledge and about assisting clients plan for their retirement is even more applicable today. Listen and find out:
- The commonsense way to talk with prospects and clients about money for retirement.
- What having a passion and a mission can do for your success.
- The simple way to accomplish more than your competition.
Erin Botsford’s achievements are not to be glossed over, and you’ll hear all about her impressive accomplishments when you listen to her interview. Erin’s the founder of multiple companies, a CEO, author, speaker, and philanthropist, and she explains some tremendously successful ways that you can win more clients.
She also shares strategies she’s learned over her 30-year career . . . like never forget that wives have absolute veto power and how you don’t need to find a market, you need to find one person.
But Erin has greater things to teach you.
Listening to her talk about childhood poverty so deep that her family was unable to afford a lawyer to defend her against a charge of murder, to achieving monetary success, and giving back in a very big way, you’ll firmly believe in every key takeaway:
- Don’t underestimate the power of generosity.
- When you take time to ask questions and listen, good things happen.
- Financial services is first and foremost a people business.
- Being comfortable will never drive you to greatness.
Adam Holt is the CEO and Founder of Asset-Map. He provides financial professionals with the one thing they all need—a succinct and understandable way to communicate highly complex information to their clients.
Why is his product so successful? It’s not so much about the product (which is very cool), as it’s about what it enables advisors to do.
Using Holt’s product, advisors can communicate complex ideas and all their dynamics in a way that is engaging and actionable. It provides the advisor with a way to show they are listening and understand what their clients want and need. And when you can do that, he says, you’ve taken a huge step toward building the trust that is mission-critical to a long-term relationship.
In talking about building trust and relationships, Holt discusses:
- The three non-negotiable things you need to demonstrate to your clients if you want to earn their trust.
- Why you should deliver unexpected value—and what happens when you do.
- What clients want but so many financial advisors fail to deliver.
An inspiring, humble, and energetic professional, Eszylfie Taylor is the founder and president of Taylor Insurance and Financial. With offices on both coasts, Eszylfie is a life and qualifying member of “Million Dollar Round Table” and a Top of the Table producer. He’s also won NAIFA’s Top 4 Under 40 Advisors award.
Every minute of this incredible episode provides so much valuable information and inspiration, and so many one-liners worthy of tee-shirts and bumper stickers, that you’ll want to listen more than once. Discover:
- Why you don’t need to be the best (only better than).
- The four-step process that guarantees an objection-free sale.
- The easiest way to garner new clients without any marketing!
- The art of tactful persistence.
We’ve got more to valuable advice to help financial advisors boost their professional development. Check out Top 10 Books Financial Advisors Should Read in 2021.