Your Knowledge and Connections Will Define You as the Local Expert
Key idea: The best way to distinguish yourself from the competition, provide added value to your clients, and be the most recognized and trusted brand, is to become the local expert REALTOR®.
Progress is a good thing.
But as processes in real estate and other industries become more automated, the personal touch clients appreciate and the know-how that distinguishes seasoned real estate agents become coveted and increasingly rare aspects of the homebuying and selling experience.
And, as we all know, what’s rare is oftentimes highly valued.
For real estate agents, having greater knowledge of your local area and strategically promoting your expertise will have a far greater impact on your ability to present your value proposition to your potential clients as the local real estate expert. According to a survey by realtor.com, 97% of respondents said local market expertise is important, while 25% of respondents reported it’s the most important trait.
In this Silver Dollar episode of Stay Paid, you’ll discover eight ways you can develop and showcase your local expertise to become the most recognized and trusted agent in your region:
- Understand the direction communities are moving in. We share resources you can use to get the inside scoop on the future of local neighborhoods while also tapping into key networking opportunities.
- Be visible. There are dozens of actions you can take to ensure your brand is prominently visible to leads, prospects, and clients. We talk about several of them.
- Start a Facebook group. Facebook groups remain one of the best ways to establish relationships and form a community. The key is to use them the right way, so listen for our tips for starting and sustaining a Facebook group as well as recommended dos and don’ts.
- Create video tours. Drones are not a substitute for boots on the ground. We have lots of recommendations, as well as examples from previous guests, about how they’ve used video to establish themselves as the local real estate expert.
- Find ways to give back. Charitable work contributes to the well-being of all. Those in need benefit from your sponsorship and volunteer activities while you improve your brand recognition, increase opportunities to network, and demonstrate your commitment to the community.
- Partner with aligned businesses. Develop strategic partnerships and arrange to cross-promote your businesses and share referrals. We’ve got a great free resource to help.
- Create local content for your blog. There’s no better way to share what you know than to make it widely available by publishing a blog.
- Become a media resource. Few real estate agents explore this option. Even fewer know how easy it is to become a go-to resource for journalists, influencers, bloggers, and more. We tell you how.
We hope you enjoy this episode and act on the advice Luke offers at the end. We’d also appreciate it if you took a moment to leave us a 5-star review and comment on Apple Podcasts. (We read them on air!) Thanks for listening!
Connect | Resources
Free download: Real Estate Referral Partner Worksheet
Are you interested in working with Luke and Josh to improve your marketing, get more referrals, enjoy more repeat business, and begin living the life of freedom you deserve? CLICK HERE and get a special offer just for Stay Paid listeners!