Change Your Mindset
Key idea: The assumptions and expectations you hold about yourself, your life, and the situations around you can either hold you back from achieving what you want or inspire you to take positive action toward what you want.
If you’ve listened to Stay Paid for any length of time, you know that we’re all about developing a positive mindset. You also know that we believe in taking action, because action is needed to make anything happen: it’s the only way to improve a situation and to achieve what you want. Taking action is also how you can change your mindset from negative to positive, from a fixed position to one of growth.
In today’s Silver Dollar episode, we talk about three areas of your life in which you can make changes to positively affect your mindset—your mind, your body, and your spirit—and offer practical actions you can take to improve all three.
Actions for your body
Fact: when you feel good, your perspective and disposition improve. To brighten your outlook, we recommend four actions:
- Engage in physical activity in the morning hours. Physical activity, whether it’s a walk around the neighborhood or a workout at the gym, releases dopamine into your system. Dopamine is a “feel good” hormone that gives you the motivation to do something.
- Get an accountability partner. Top performers crave accountability and measure everything that moves them toward and away from their goals.
- Turn off electronics to enjoy better sleep. Turn off your phone at least one hour before bedtime. Phone use stimulates your brain making it difficult to relax into sleep, and the blue light emitted by phones mimics daylight and throws off your natural circadian rhythm. You could also encounter content that stirs up intense emotions and disrupts your sleep.
- Monitor what you are eating. Everything in moderation is a good rule, but there are certain foods that you simply know deplete your energy. Avoid foods with high levels of sugar and fat.
Actions for your mind
We liken your mind to a bank account. You need to make regular deposits into your account so that you have reserves you can pull from when needed. In a similar fashion, the quality of what you consume via television, podcasts, books, and your friends will either make you richer or leave you feeling empty.
We specifically suggest reading from the wide assortment of self-development books that are available. Choose media and friends that will broaden your perspective, educate you, and leave you feeling like the time you spent watching, reading, or socializing was a worthy investment.
Actions for your spirit
It’s difficult to feel motivated and to act when you aren’t driven to achieve something. A purpose is what makes getting through the rough times easier, and it needs to be something greater than money. Find something bigger than yourself you can feel passionate about and use that as your reason to get out of the bed in the morning, act, and keep going.
Please enjoy this episode, and we’d appreciate it if you took a moment to leave us a 5-star review and comment on Apple Podcasts.
Connect | Resources
- The Insurance Syndicate
- The TB12 Method: How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)
- The Purpose-Driven Life
- Mindset: Changing The Way You Think To Fulfil Your Potential
Are you interested in working with Luke and Josh to improve your marketing, get more referrals, enjoy more repeat business, and begin living the life of freedom you deserve? CLICK HERE and get a special offer just for Stay Paid listeners!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an advertising program designed to provide a means for ReminderMedia to earn a small fee by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.