How to Improve Local SEO and Appear Higher in Search Results
Formerly Google Business Page, an up-to-date Google Business Profile and knowledge of how to optimize it for local SEO searches are essential to improving your rank in search results and appearing in the Google Pac.
Check out these 2022 statistics provided by Backlinko about Google searches and click-through rates (CTR):
- The #1 organic result in Google gets 27.6% of all clicks.
- The top 3 Google search results get 54.4% of all clicks.
- The sharpest increases in CTR happen from position 9 to 8 (23.6%) and from position 2 to 1 (74.5%).
Here’s the takeaway: forget about simply ranking on page 1. You need to rank in the top 3 spots, which is where more than half the action happens.
In this week’s Silver Dollar episode, we discuss 6 tips and how to apply them to your Google Business Profile.
We include a few words of caution, but these tips will help you achieve higher rankings so you can get to the promised land—the Google Pac—where the top 3 local search results are highlighted for all to see.
- Carefully select your primary business category.
- Include keywords in your Google Business Profile.
- Select additional business categories.
- Encourage clients/customers to include keywords in their reviews.
- Ensure your Google Business Profile is complete.
- Audit your online presence to make certain that your name, address, and phone (NAP) are consistent.
Please enjoy this episode, and we’d appreciate it if you took a moment to leave us a 5-star review and comment on Apple Podcasts.
Connect | Resources
Are you interested in working with Luke and Josh to improve your marketing, get more referrals, enjoy more repeat business, and begin living the life of freedom you deserve? CLICK HERE and get a special offer just for Stay Paid listeners!