Positioning Yourself As the Expert (Even If You’re Not)
Key idea: Being seen by your target audience as an authority isn’t so much about genuine expertise as it is about positioning yourself as an expert.
Mike Saunders is a speaker, bestselling author of four books, and successful business coach who holds an MBA in marketing. He’s also an adjunct marketing professor at several universities and a member of the Forbes Coaches Council.
Mike’s passion is helping financial advisors to become celebrities using publicity, podcasting, and publishing—but his methods are applicable to all service professionals who want to truly stand apart from their competition.
In this week’s Stay Paid episode, Mike explains a concept that Marshall McLuhan and Quentin Fiore wrote about in their book The Medium Is the Massage. (We checked—that’s the proper title. 😊) Essentially, the idea is that while the quality of the content you deliver to your target audience is important—whether it’s a podcast interview, an article you’ve written, a keynote address, a video you’ve recorded, or something else—even more important is where that content appears.
When you listen to Mike’s interview, you’ll hear about how you can position yourself as an authority not just by producing content but also by strategically marketing your content on platforms that your audience respects and are elevated in their attention:
- Get tips on how to enhance people’s impression by augmenting the results they see when they search online for you or your business.
- Discover what to write in your emails to “preframe” your authority and position yourself so well that leads will yearn for a chance to do business with you.
- Understand why creating videos and finding opportunities to be interviewed on podcasts are among the most accessible, quick, and effective ways to build your authority.
We hope you enjoy this episode and act on the advice Luke offers at the end. We’d also appreciate it if you took a moment to leave us a 5-star review and comment on Apple Podcasts. (We read them on air!) Thanks for listening!
Connect | Resources
- Mini audio seminar: AuthoritizeYourAgency.com
- Website: AuthorityPositioningCoach.com
- Book: The Medium Is the Massage
Are you interested in working with Luke and Josh to improve your marketing, get more referrals, enjoy more repeat business, and begin living the life of freedom you deserve? CLICK HERE and get a special offer just for Stay Paid listeners!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an advertising program designed to provide a means for ReminderMedia to earn a small fee by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.