You Can Be Unforgettable
Who should listen: This episode is especially for solopreneurs who compete in a crowded market and need to stand out in memorable ways to succeed.
Key idea: People may forget what you did for them, but they’ll never forget how you made them feel.
When you consider that consumers tend to use the business they think of first, you quickly realize that it’s imperative for service professionals in all types of industries to do what they can to mitigate the risk of being forgotten.
Today’s Silver Dollar episode is dedicated to helping you be unforgettable.
We’re reviewing 7 traits and behaviors that researchers suggest make some people—including service professionals—more memorable than others.
Of course, effective marketing and advertising will help people remember your business, but people do business with other people, not businesses. That’s why examining your personal characteristics and actions (rather than a business’ logo and slogan) is relevant.
What’s particularly interesting, and what we discuss in some detail, is that these 7 traits and behaviors aren’t so much about you as they are about how they make other people feel. The most memorable people tend to make others feel . . . well, it’s probably better for you to hear the answer for yourself.
The 7 traits and behaviors that make people most memorable, in no particular order, are:
- Optimistic: Optimistic people interrupt the human tendency to focus on the negative.
- Reliable, trustworthy, responsible: People with these traits inspire confidence.
- Tenacious: Want a reason to keep following up with leads? We remember those who are tenacious.
- Self-confident: Confidence reflects competence.
- Respectful: Things you may never have considered can make a difference to others.
- Interpersonally connected: There are many simple ways to build a relationship. There are even more ways to nurture one.
- Resilient: You hate to lose a sale, but don’t let them know it.
Please enjoy this episode and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts.
Connect | Resources
- Blog: The Science of How to Be a Memorable Service Professional
- Free E-book: The Relationship Marketer’s Guide to Branding
Are you interested in working with Luke and Josh to improve your marketing, get more referrals, enjoy more repeat business, and begin living the life of freedom you deserve? CLICK HERE and get a special offer just for Stay Paid listeners!